Thursday, December 10, 2009

From Brad and Deb

Well, Dad (Jim) went to bed along time ago, and we're soon to follow. He's on antibiotics today to help fight the unknown infection, which is quite common after Tuesdays procedure. Tomorrow is the same procedure that was done on Tuesday. The "radiation intervention" team will be withdrawing the stints slightly (which were put in place to drain the bile). They will then reevaluate the situation to see if they can safely remove the tumor. It's a big day, so please crank up the prayers another level!

Mom and I are going to stop in the hotel sports bar and see how the Brownies are doing. Oddly enough, it's nice to hear dad snoring, so let's hope he gets a good night sleep.

Thanks to all of you that have forwarded to us the information you've found regarding this type of cancer and it's treatments. Plans are already in motion for "Plan B".

6 comments:

  1. We are sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. Hugs to all.

    Ken and Sue Weegar

    ReplyDelete
  2. D&B, Hope a few hours away from the hospital refueled your energy for positive thoughts, innovative research into all the options, and powerful prayers. Makes me smile to hear Jimbo is snoring - good sleep is essential! Today IS a big day and the lines will be clogged with prayers from all over the universe, so just know your army is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been able to get Jim out of my mind since learning of his diagnosis. Deb, you must be so scared. It is so wonderful to have the boys with/behind you! Are they both there in Fla? Which one is getting married and when? I am spreading the word and sending constant prayers your way. Love you all very much! Cousin Pam xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Deb,

    I just an email from Pam, who had forwarded one from Bonnie with all the info and this blog information. The family grapevine is hard at work! I'm so sorry to hear about your scary news and will have you all in my prayers tonight. The blog is a GREAT idea - it's hard to let everyone know the information and you don't have time or engergy to make dozens of phone calls. I will be checking back often for updates. Lots of love, sweetie.

    Cousin Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darin ruttenbergDecember 11, 2009

    Hey fam! It's me again I really like being able to come on and check uncle jims progress and see what's next. It is a big day but hopefully will lead to some good news!! This process is more of a marathon than a sprint and I know your/our stamina will prevail!! Hang in there uncle jim! As always I'm thinking and praying for you love you lots!! D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you. Stay strong and positive.

    Sandy Ray

    ReplyDelete