Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hi from Florida. Well, where do I start. I've been on pill for chemo-1 am, then 1pm- for about 2 weeks and no side effects-so far. Also, I go to radiation mon thru fri at 8 am-it takes about 8 minutes each time. I do nothing Sat and sun. On last Wed we went to Tampa General to have the tubes internalized. The doc said he was able to get 2 8mm stints in the ducts but it took some work. He asked me if I remember "coming of the table and almost hitting him". I told him NO, I'm sorry. He said he might have hit a nerve while I was out. He said he beat me up inside pretty good but better for the long run. So, all the bandages are off and I have 2 bullet holes in my belly (what's left of it) to show for it. Feeling better every day-hoping for a great summer. Thanks again for all of your cards, e-mails, calls and mostly your prayers-they're working, THANKS I wish I had all of your e-mail addresses so I can respond. Tina, in ICU, thanks for the note and helping me. Well, That's all for now. I hope everyone is well and happy and remember-don't sweat the small stuff. "Tubeless in Cape Coral", Rutt

6 comments:

  1. Jim -- This is great news. I'm so pleased to hear that you're feeling well despite the surgery and the chemo and the radiation. GOD is good -- all the time! Blessings, Rudi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of you and pray for you AND Deb every day. Sounds like things are looking up! I hope you are enjoying the sunshine and warm weather. We're freezing up here in New England! xoxo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim: It was great actually talking with you last week..made my day! We are all thinking of you all the time and praying all this extra effort is paying off for you...keep up the good work! Be glad you are not up here in the frozen north..my driveway snow pile measured 14" on Saturday..gotta go home and shovel the sidewalk before we get 3-5" more tomorrow and Wednesday.

    Take care - we're here for you! cindy lewis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jim,
    I plan on coming back down this summer and taking that plane ride and boat ride. Get well soon, miss you guys.
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rutt,

    Glad to hear that your surgery went well and that the chemo and radiation is not beating you up too much. We got absolutely dumped on this weekend - 18" in the middle of my yard! We miss seing you smiling face and the chucking over you "Punny" comments. Keep the faith; we are all praying for you, Deb and the kids. Thanks for keeping us up to date.

    Hugs,
    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update Jim...Sorry to hear they beat you up so much....I remember my step-dad saying after they did so much to him,"hey! why don't you get on this table and let me work on you"...joking of course...He was a character and like you always had a good sense of humor...Hopfully better days ahead for you...
    Still praying for you Jimbo, Jim Bob, Jimmie Crack Corn...haha!just like saying that anyway...
    Miss you guys, at least be happy your not in this
    crazy snow in Stow, Ohio....Love to Deb
    The Dodson's

    ReplyDelete